I spoke to a lot of friends on island today and everything is normal, no panic no crazy buying, plenty of everything including toilet paper and hand sanitizer in the stores ,warm weather and gorgeous beaches. We are moving our trip up from April to next week as we found a great airfare and would rather be there than home with people maybe getting me sick and stores shut down. The virus does not do well in warm climates so we will just take precautions on the plane , modern airplanes have hospital grade filtering systems. Just us but we will not just sit at home listening to CNN gloom and doom hyping this up for their benefit. And if we do get the virus so what. My doctor said go enjoy. We’re not elderly we don’t have medical health issues and in most cases it’s not as bad as the flu and it’s not the end of the world, we would recover. So far as far as I’ve heard only one possible coronavirus case On the entire island ...I’m not worried. We have been going to SXM for 25 years, this is an opportunity to enjoy some extra time in the sun. And by looking at the seat maps the flights coming up are not empty so people are still going so we are not alone. The hysteria has really gotten Crazy and in a few months people are gonna look back and see how ridiculous this really was the overreaction. IMO

Last edited by foreversxm; 03/13/2020 10:02 PM.