Originally Posted by NCSailor
If the BVI is not permitting entry why isn't TMM giving complete refunds?

It's a complicated situation. It's neither party's fault that virus happened and travel is restricted. The charter company is prepared to provide the service contracted. It's not their fault the guests didn't purchase the insurance they recommended. It's not the guests fault they can't get to the BVI. Very difficult position because most guests are expecting a change to the contract they agreed to even though the charter company did nothing wrong.

When Irma struck, we were unable to meet the contract both parties agreed to and offered refunds before anyone even asked. This is different; we have open property going to waste. The guests gambled by not buying insurance and are now expecting the host to pay for their gambling loss.

I think allowing a date change at no cost is a fair compromise, but many do not. I see both sides. I do think making decisions past a 4 week window is extreme because the situation is changing daily.

I've been thinking about offering a "Cancel For Any Reason" insurance option to our guests that they could purchase to cover the villa stay. Would people consider this a good idea?

Regards,
Jason

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com