Originally Posted by Jeff_C
Hello Carol ,
Thank you for being the one to answer my question. The reason that I ask ( not that I should have to explain myself ) . If United Airlines would fly and I cancel we will lose our money . ( Basic Economy ) . I would prefer to have them cancel
and to get a refund . We do not want to get a credit and fly at a different date . So thank you for answering to the best of your knowledge .
On an other topic......... I have been a member on this site since you started it ( I also follow you and left the old Traveltalk site. Because of not having a moderator. ) But this is why I do not or have not posted much . If people would just answer your question that you post. And stop giving you their two cents about what they think you should do . But I do enjoy coming on this site to see what is going on at my wife and my favorite Island .
Respectfully Jeff_C

As you say, Respectfully , This is a web board and when you post a question asking about official information you are going to get a variety of responses. That's the nature of the beast and if you look carefully at Carols answer she gave you both an answer and an opinion. The free exchange of information and ideas is what makes web boards like this one useful and unreliable all at the same time. Want the most accurate reliable information, go to the source, your carrier. I'm sure no one on this board wondered why you were asking the question, a great many of us are seasoned travelers. I wouldn't count on going to St Martin or any other foreign country anytime soon. They don't need or want us there now. It sucks but it is reality for the foreseeable future. Stay safe.

If the phone doesn't ring .... it's me