As most cruise lines use USA subcontractors. The subcontractors probably will be applying for the PPP. I really can't see paying workers to just stand around to do nothing. I first thought the PPP program wasn't a good idea. Because as an employer for 46 years I thought the employees should just go on unemployment. As they can draw here in Illinois for 26 weeks instead of getting a 10 week assist and applications can be quickly processed.. And as an employer I have and am paying a percentage of the employees gross pay amount toward a state run employment insurance program for this and a percentage to the Feds. (940 form) (rate varies per my businesses experience factor for previous years draw). But one thing I heard on the news which I was already curious about. The communication from the Feds and States would be an issue. Which is no surprise for me here in Illinois. So probably the PPP program is better.

Anyhow , the cruise lines have a lot of borrowing power and the USA workers have the PPP to help. And if a ship sets empty for a month or 2 , it probably won't even need disinfected since the surface life of this virus will be much shorter. Really won't know this till more info comes out about the virus. The first cruise voyages will be pretty safe, it is later when you get humans embarking and disembarking again when problems might arise.

Wendell