i wsxmmartini....i wish i could agree with your post.

Today, my wife and I took about a fifteen or so mile ride down the coastal road here from Boynton.....past Delray. The beaches were packed....couldn't find a place to park. Saw thousands of people walking along the roads....VERY FEW masked....and with crowds pretty close together. Drove by the busiest area of Delray....Atlantic Ave. That is where all the restaurants and bars are. They reopened last week to supposedly fifty percent capacity....and tables supposed to be six feet apart.....and masks are supposed to be worn by servers and patrons when not actually eating. WELL.....what we observed by driving through....were packed restaurants.....waiteresses serving unmaksed....and maybe one out of a hundred people were wearing masks. There was one restaurant that we thought amusing....tables were in rows.....six feet apart....but stacked up right next to each other in a row. so...the people behind you were six feet apart...but the people at the next table were basically sitting in your lap!!!

Now...figure this is happening right here in the USA, with much stricter rules usually. We didn't get out of the car. If this is being done like this here...can you imagine SXM enforcing stricter codes?? I was horrified today on what i saw....people just don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. Kind of like that Ozark pool that was all over the media last week. I am sure everone knows by now...there has already been confirmed cases of some of the bathers testing positive for the virus. We call all try to protect ourselves as much as possible....but if the others aren't...we are all doomed. Especially the aging population here on this forum. Most of us seem to be pretty much in tthe same age groups within a few years of each other. The kids think they are immune to this....unfortunately, to many of the younger generation are finding out the hard way they are'nt. Not sure how we should all handle it.

Also, as for the cleaner and healthier...how long will it be before the majority of the world go back to their old ways. How many of us are still washing their hands at every turn?? just a thought and an observation. Hoping to be proved wrong....but am I??? Time will tell. sorry for the rant..

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 05/31/2020 12:22 PM.