Hi Mary Jane,

Glad you had a fun time. I, also, have stayed at Pilot House. We were in the main building, the first room on the left as you walk up the stairs from the street. Noise from the street was negligible. I did notice that only half the pool received sun and that side was populated by about a dozen folks enjoying the sun. We didn't spend much time at the pool, anyway. With Fausto's Market being so close we were able to enjoy snacks in the room. Having a kitchen was nice but we never really cooked. People might think that Pilot House isn't central, being on a back/side street, but gosh, the middle of Duval is only three blocks away!,as you know. I really enjoy Schooner Wharf but you didn't say if you had breakfast there. That is my favorite. I don't mind walking there from wherever I am to have a leisurely breakfast and cocktail during the morning 'happy hour' while watching the boats and water. I do believe that the New Year's Eve thing would be a bit too 'busy' for me. Getting too old, am I? My last two trips I was at LaTeDa so I wasn't exactly central but I don't mind walking. Glad you had a great time and I know that you will return. Last month was my sixth trip. I will always remember the fun we had on that boat trip to St. Barth's. Take care, my friend. Stay warm. It is now 2º in Manchester, NH. Ciao.

Wayne <><