Gary, I checked out the the St. Maarten Health Authorization System website, and it does say the following

A rt-PCR test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab only and performed within 72 hrs. prior to departure to Sint Maarten (last leg in case of connecting flights) is required for all travelers originating from a country that is categorized as high or moderate risk . Other tests such as antibody tests or antigen tests and tests performed outside of this 72h period will not be accepted. rt-PCR test methods with an Emergency Use Only Authorization (EUA) approval from the FDA will not be accepted.

The key here is the naso-pharyngeal swab. This is the swab that goes up your nose and turns in to your sinus cavity and the one that most people say it is uncomfortable. Any other test taken using a different type of swab would not be valid. The challenge is still going to be the EUA statement. I tried finding an RT-PCR test that was approved without an Emergency Use Authorization, but I could not find anything.