I have known a great number of owners past and present. Many people called this place home. It is so sad. Although, I have been to the beach many times off of cruises, (mostly BN), I only stayed there once for two weeks. I get angry every time I think of all the people that lost so much of themselves when the resort was destroyed. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone that have been affected. Given the situation, going forward, it will be very hard for anyone to ever sell their unit. Knowing that insurance on the French side means paying for insurance but not actually having any coverage. When was the hurricane? 3 years ago. I am moving closer to a nude beach, actually the closet beach to my new home is nude. Every home needs to be on pilings at Club O'.

Typically only 1/3 of the height shows and another 2/3 at least under ground. So at least another 7 meters under ground to the bottom of the pilling. On the south coast of Rhode Island, since the 1970s, beach houses could only be constructed this way. It's really cool when under your house the waves are breaking.(NOT!) The lone house out on the beach was the only house on this beach when my grandparents bought it in the early 1970s, it was nearly destroyed once and in had to go on new pilings. Somehow, it is still standing, the last time I checked. Our family has not owned it since the mid 1980s. Originally we could jump off the deck and not get hurt. The erosion has taken the beach away. During the 1970s one could see the concrete foundations of the houses destroyed during the 1938 hurricane. Even those foundations are no longer. They should be turning old shipping containers into small homes on pilings.

[Linked Image]