Originally Posted by Southshore
I live just outside Toronto, in Ontario, Canada. I had to get the Covid test yesterday, on advice from my doctor, as I had some sketchy symptoms and I'm 70 years old. I was told I would get the results in 3 to 5 days. If I tested positive I would get a call from the health department. If I have heard nothing after 5 days, I can check my results online. If you needed a printed copy of your results, you had to have a very good reason for asking. Travel did not appear to be a good enough reason.

However, it does appear that test results are available faster under other circumstances. My sister had minor surgery last week. On Monday, I drove her to the hospital so she could be tested pre-op. She had the test at 1:00 p.m. Monday and got the results on her cel phone at 1:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. Priorities, I guess.

Southshore,
I had my 2nd negative test yesterday (aug 13) at Trillium Hospital, Hurontario & Queensway. "Living with a flight attendant who has to do flights to USA" was my excuse for needing a re-test.
At 11AM I was in a line outside for 30 minutes but under tents to shade from the 29C heat. Once inside it was 10 minutes from processing my health card to walking out after the nasal swab. Although, like the first test a few weeks ago, the nurse said it could be 3-5 days, I had the results this Am (Aug 14) online when I woke up....less than 24 hours turnaround.

Below is all that gets posted on the govt site....I did not see anything on their webpage that would generate an "official govt approved certificate but I think you can show the authorities your online results.
Tested on:
13-Aug-2020 (Reported: 14-Aug-2020)
Trillium Health Centre - Mississauga
Negative
Your results were negative for the COVID-19 virus
If you were self-isolating for 14 days prior to being tested, continue to do this for the remainder of the 14-day period
If not, continue to self-monitor for the remainder of the 14-day period. If your symptoms worsen, take the self-assessment
After that, follow the guidelines for physical distancing
Healthcare or essential workers
– talk to your Occupational Health team for return to work policies.

After every Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63321157@N08/albums