I guess my problem is that I'm an OLD old-timer these days and I remember the island when she was, IMHO, at her absolute best - no timeshares (and yes, I dare say this as a former ts owner but one whose property had little impact on the island at all.....) and few high rises and little or no traffic anywhere - EVER!

If I had my way, I would have vetoed every piece of construction on the ocean side of Rhine Road from just beyond the low-rise Cupecoy Beach Club all the way to the last high-rise along the road there and since it's been so long since we've been down, anything else that may now exist or be under construction on the ocean side of the road there. I would have allowed those beautiful views to stand for all who traveled the area. And likewise, on the other side of the road, too. I wouldn't have permitted the Blue Mall or the new high-rise building on the golf course to be built either.

That which obstructs or takes away from the natural views is a sacrilege to me but again, that's purely my personal opinion. I know that's not a popular one but again, IMO, the island has almost always failed to preserve and protect her most beautiful features and sold out to big dollars and mega-investors. But the good news - at least their sell-out has allowed happy home ownership to you and many others who actually do live there every day and enjoy and appreciate the views and the area. I always thought of that area as 'the quiet little corner of the island but not so much anymore.

Edited to add - great to hear that so many places are open and/or planning to reopen soon. My fear was that might not happen. I can't imagine how much more the people of SXM can overcome - but God Bless them, they do!

Last edited by pat; 09/13/2020 12:39 PM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."