We are going down to visit the island again in November for a few weeks. This will be our 41st trip to the island in 20+ years of visiting and each and every time we have rented a car. This November was the first time that I gave any consideration to not renting a car, but that consideration was short lived. Rental prices have gotten crazy compared to prior years and I understand that the rental companies are trying to survive by increasing their rates, but we actually drive the car so few kilometers while we are there. But then I thought of Covid, and continuing to protect ourselves while we are on the island. When we pick up the car, we can wipe the whole interior down with sanitizing wipes and then no one else will be in that car while it is rented to us and we can limit our own risk of infection. If you are relying on taking the buses or taxis than you are greatly increasing your odds of acquiring the infection. So for us, I will spend the money, rent the car, and reduce our chances of seeing the infection passed on to us. We are adapting for this trip and plan to eat fewer meals out and just let sand gravity take hold.

Be Happy! Simply because you deserve to be. 😁