This whole airline situation is getting totally out of control, but the thing is, I get it. Sometimes I feel like there’s a conspiracy going on and they’re out to get me but most times things work out for me and I know we’re all dealing with the same brand of nonsense, as are the airlines. duh

When I first saw the changes to our tickets this morning I contacted AA and they were very pleasant but not able to do much to make the situation better. We have FF tickets r/t from Hartford to SXM and would really have preferred to travel through our regional airport less than a half hour from home but there weren’t any FF tickets available. The CSR tried to swap them anyway but a higher authority wouldn’t allow that to happen since the required miles were double and then some of what we originally used. But the good news - they told me to keep checking because anything could happen and more FF tix could come available.

Just a few minutes ago I remembered I hadn’t chosen seats so I went on line and just for hahas, I checked the status of FF tix from our regional airport and they were now available. I put them on hold and called AA direct and we are now booked on the flights I wanted from the very getgo. clapping Now let’s see how long that lasts before they make more changes.

I know this is very frustrating for all of us displaced travelers but honestly, it’s equally frustrating to the airline reps. In most cases they don’t know what’s going on until after the fact and try as they might, sometimes they just can’t make things better.

I seriously hope everyone is able to work their flights out to their personal satisfaction and at the same time, I hope this is the last set of changes for all of us. Good luck, Everyone, and here’s to happy island times. cheers cheers

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."