SXM Day 5 – October 8, 2020
I really hope I’m not boring you with the daily reports, but we’re creatures of habit. Nothing much different to report about. Breakfast on the patio, a morning walk and then a drive over to Orient Beach around 10:00.

The beach was busier today, but still not crowded. I think there were twelve chairs set up on Orient and maybe eight occupied. Three of us in our own beach chairs. Not many clouds in the sky today, the ocean temperature is warm and the waters are calm. I’m not sure if I miss the cruise boat passengers. I think I do, a little, as many times it’s comical to see how some people react to the clothing optional section of the beach. I keep telling myself to keep enjoying the peace and quiet. It’s never going to like this again.

After a couple of hours of reading and two beers for me, we packed up for lunch. We stopped at Super U in Hope Estate to stock up on stuff. While there, the shelves were being stocked with pre-made baguette sandwiches. We chose the ham and cheese for 4 euro, bought a bag of potato chips and enjoyed a delicious and inexpensive lunch on our villa patio.
The afternoon was spent soaking in the pool.

We left for dinner around 6:15 PM. Traffic through Cole Bay was heavy and slow. Not sure if it was the bicyclists that were slowing things down or not. Once we got to the hill, traffic was better. Dinner was at Chesterfield’s. There were only 6 of us in the restaurant. Again, it is so sad to see. We were able to sit at the bar as no one else was there. Marc ordered Chicken in Pepper Sauce and I had Chicken and Shrimp in a Bernaise sauce. The portions are huge, served on platters, not plates. Both meals were delicious and I have enough for two more meals. Geoff, the owner, arrived on his scooter. He stopped over to chat. It was great catching up with him and sharing stories.

That sums up the day!

Jo-

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.