Ahoy Capt George,

I Believe, many of the Protocols are focused on Voters. For example the protocols introduced on Nov 2.
The last 'Quarantine' the BVI Gov tried to impose in June/July was a failure due to the perceived sense of nationalistic entitlement by a few of the Locals.
To balance the Voters interests with the Health of the community they have introduced the Bracelets, the Geofence, and the 30 foot rule.
Now again the sailing community will require a second look and updates. When the BVI Gov appreciates the concept of 'Swing Radius' on a mooring, and more so on an anchor, it would expect the 'geofence' for 30 feet for the sailing community to be updated.
With no shore side facilities I would hope that all the snorkeling and dive sites are included as Q Anchorages, as the BVI Gov makes $ off the National Marine Park Permits.
We will see how long the Bracelets last with Divers at -100 Ft and Guests floating around in salt water with their noodles and a cocktail for a few hours.
It will only be a few days at the beginning of the charter and any good Captain can reschedule all his favorite beaches and bars for after the first few days. It is literally no different from what every Captain would face with any other natural phenomenon like a Tropical wave or North Swells coming in.
Right now I am not looking for a fight. This will only last for a few months especially with all the Vaccines on the way.

Update -
Called 3 Dive Ops. No word pro or con if the National Marine Parks will be Q Anchorages.
If they are, then each Dingy gets a Designated Driver with a cocktail and a ziplock bag of phones while he circles as shipmates enjoy snorkeling the reef.
Another Problem solved.

Fair Winds, Brent from the Captains Compass

Last edited by Brent; 11/17/2020 03:13 PM.