GaKaye,

My experience was a little different but the same result. I got the standard ‘everything is wrong with your lab results’ when in fact it was only missing one piece of information. I had to get the testing facility to send the correct info to the lab “Quest Diagnostics” in order to get my results updated. I resubmitted the corrected results with a new online application and is was approved in under an hour. I had submitted my wife’s app and results separately and they were approved so I was able to look at her results to see what was missing from mine.

I really can appreciate your frustrations because I was panicked waiting to see whether it would be approved or not. Nerve racking to say the least. Neither of our results showed the type of specimen collected nor specifically said the RT-PCT was performed. The test was a NAAT which supposedly includes the RT-PCR protocol and implies a deep nasal specimen sample was taken. I was assured by a lab representative that this is the test being used and accepted for travel but obviously they don’t speak for St. Martin.

No where on the government website does it say the NAAT test is acceptable. This only added to my worries about what was wrong with my results until I submitted my wife’s app as a test and hers was approved. I think some of the people reviewing the applications are probably more thorough than others.

I’m glad it worked out for you and it’s definitely worth the hassle to get here!