Leinster Bay is our favorite North Shore spot, followed by Francis Bay and Maho Bay (really one huge mooring area). Leinster is also ridiculously close to Sopers Hole. On those moorings we eat on the boat and concentrate on water sports and beach time. The only restaurant in the national park beaches is at Cinnamon Bay Campground.

As Jay said, Cruz Bay is happening. The Caneel Bay moorings are rolly at night if the swell is up. The Caneel moorings off of Salomon and Honeymoon Bay have access to awesome beaches, with some day-trip traffic from St. Thomas. Honeymoon has a concession stand for beach chairs and toys. We like to grab a mooring as close as possible to Lind Point to have a shorter dinghy ride to C&I. The dinghy tie up by the National Park Visitor's Center (left of the ferry wharf and C&I) is better than the dinghy dock next to the ferry wharf (right of the ferry wharf).

Ya, Caneel used to be bitchy about dinghies at their dock - "Go to Cruz Bay and take a taxi." I saw dinghies tying up at the Caneel dock with a stern anchor in November.

The parking lot at Cruz Bay C&I was a construction site in November. If you use the NPS dinghy dock you'll see C&I as you head in. If you use the dinghy dock by the ferry wharf, just keep the beach on your right, C&I is behind the bathrooms you'll run into. The construction had also displace the trash dumpster.

Cheers, RickG

S/V Echoes, 2003 Beneteau 423
Grenada