If you live in most areas currently this virus is raging. There is little chance for this to go well. I hope I am wrong. I know how badly the people of the BVI need tourists. I’m fully aware of the devastation to charter business and boat owners as I was on an after expense share of income. Expenses and no income is as bad as it gets.

Unfortunately the numbers are such that there are bound to be a number of positives. Hospitals in so many places are over run. Until September I did not know many people that have had it. Now there has been a half dozen staff in the business we used to own, a number of relatives and friends, one on a ventilator, one in rehab after three weeks on a vent. A local pulmonologist that was hospitalized for better than two months, etc.

Now if let’s say two couples with a couple college kids have chartered a 4 cabin cat while on Christmas vacation, travel with several connections, some are going to break after the test prior to and on arrival. The odds are likely better than 5% in that scenario using a swag (scientific wild @ss guess) . You will have a lot of positives. If there is not much demand maybe they can lock em up in Maria’s and get by. However if thousands are coming weekly, this will get out of hand quickly IMO and there will be another shutdown. It seems there are few land based visitors and that does make it less likely to spread to the island population , but it probably will. It’s a pretty aggressive bug and nearly everyone is a potential victim. Going to be tough to pull this off, keep island population safe and tourists have a good stress free vacation.