Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by Skindeep
Awesome information Sri, thanks! We are in the DC area too, 6 of us heading down to charter out of St Thomas in late March, so I feel like I am approaching a go/no-go decision. We have 10 days so I REALLY want to do the BVI and not just USVI. Dying to get back to Anegada. Your experience in such great detail and images is tremendously helpful and reassuring. Just wondering how the Day 0 test will work if we are arriving via boat. Are there any other location options for checking in and doing the day 0 test - and it sounds like the 24 hour quarantine?

I would not plan to be able to arrive the BVI by boat in late March. The ports are supposed to open January 21 but that will likely only be for ferries and I highly doubt that date will hold. I'd plan to charter from the BVI if that's where you want to cruise.

Alternatively, you could pay to have your boat delivered to the BVI and you could fly here to meet it.

Just came out this afternoon, a Press Release noting that the BVI seaports and ferries will not be open prior to at least the first of March, 2021.