Greetings all!

Long time lurker (sort of,) rare poster.

I did a search on the forum for the information I am seeking, but either it has not been covered in the last year or so; or more likely, I did not do it correctly. If the answer is obvious, please post the link I must have missed.

Planning to return this February after a three year hiatus. Per the routine, we are renting a place in Orient Village. In prior years, we rented a car for our time on the island (almost 3 weeks, usually.) Last couple of times, we felt that we did not use the car enough to justify the cost. As such, we are considering to forgo the car rental and rely exclusively on taxis (yes, we know that they typically need to be called and there is a wait.) At the very least, we would like to pre-arrange the pick-up at the airport (which would, ideally, include a stop for groceries on the way to our rental unit.)

Does anyone have a preferred Taxi vendor? If yes, might you share the contact information with me, please (unless that is a violation of forum rules?)

Here is our thinking - for those who wish to poke a hole in it (perhaps we are missing something: )
Pro Taxi
1) Save approximately $500 in rental, gas and parking
2) Can enjoy that second bottle of wine at dinner without having to worry about driving home
3) No worries about where to park and if or what condition the auto will be in when we return to it

Con Taxi
1) Reduced freedom - sort of
2) Wait times for pick-up (I am planner by design which means we will schedule rides at least 24 hours in advance.)

The last couple of times we were on the island, our routine included the following non-walking to/from activities:
- 3-5 dinners in Grade Case
- 1-2 dinners in Marigot
- 1 visit to Sunset Bar (airplane watching - do they still offer free drinks to the topless ladies?) coupled with a shopping day
- 1-2 dinners in Cul-de-Sac

Given how easy it is to walk to Orient Village with its associated markets and restaurants, we do not believe we will be venturing outside of the Orient Village complex more than the above list. We walk to the beach every day. My guess, if I am remembering taxi rates correctly (I am old, so the memory is always a bit questionable,) is that a taxi will most likely be plus or minus 10% of the total car rental cost. I anticipate the most expensive fare will be the pick-up and drop-off at the airport on our arrival and departure from SXM, respectively.

Thank you in advance for the kind and helpful replies.

S&M (yep, our initials.)