I am very mixed on this one. On the one hand, I strongly believe that naturism should be about freedom to not wear clothes rather than a place where you are required to not wear clothes. When you are required to be nude, that's not necessarily freedom. I prefer places that are clothing optional rather than "nude". My wife sometimes prefers to cover up, while I prefer to be nude and that works well for us, as it does for a lot of couples. Some places can be ridiculous. We were at Hedo and my wife was sunburned. She put on a t-shirt. She was still bottomless. Security made her take off the shirt. Club-O works just great as clothing optional. A few people in clothes just don't matter to me at all. I go to a nude resort to be nude, not to "see nude".

On the other hand, I can get uncomfortable if I'm just about the only one nude, as will many people. In general I'm pretty secure and have run around as the only one nude in a few places including the Firefly beach in Negril, where I knew I was becoming a bit of a tourist attraction. But, I was rather shocked to see everyone other than us dressed for dinner at N Resort. Most said they dressed because of the bugs. We used Deep-Woods Off. But, it was clearly a "dress-up" occasion for some people, which I still think is rather strange.

As for slutwear, I'm also in the "freedom" category. I don't really care that much what other people choose to wear. It does depend on the resort, of course, like anything. It would not be appropriate at a family resort and maybe marginal at N, but perfectly reasonable at some other places. And, the definition of slutwear can be very flexible. One couple wore handmade outfits made from leaves at N resort. They made it for the Leaf theme night. It was really fun and neat. But, I'm sure some would call it slutwear. I have two sarongs I wear that are pretty much transparent. I find them great for dinner, since some coverup makes sense when there is a buffet. Would you call that slutwear?