Assume you get a negative test in the US and visit SXM, then when you go to return you get a positive test ( false positive or real positive doesn't matter) Where will you be able to stay for the duration of the quarantine, and where will you get a letter from a health care provider allowing you to return?

The full story is that we have stayed in SXM a number of times, though not compared to many posters here, and love it . We were there last Feb, and booked our return trip for this Feb, though I did buy cancel anytime travel insurance. I have been back and forth about whether to cancel this trip, mostly concerned about the airport terminals, but just traveled domestically this past week and felt pretty safe . Everyone was wearing masks, mostly social distancing, even on the jet ramp, so by the end of that trip I was 100% go to SXM.

Then the US announced that they will not accept a return with a negative COVID test ( with some exceptions) On the other posts, real questions have been raised as to whether SXM will be administer enough tests per day and get results timely to allow us to be able to return on schedule. Since my trip isn't till the end of Feb, I hope that will be sorted out by now.

My bigger questions is what happens if when we test to return, we test positive? We are staying at an airbnb owned by an individual in Grand Case, and it is booked immediately after our stay, so staying there for 10 extra days won't work. I can't imagine it would be easy to find a hotel when I say I am staying because I tested positive - also I wonder what to do about food , etc, while trying to quarantine. Is there a designated place on SXM for tourists who test positive? I thought I read about that last year, but may be mistaken.

Also, the way I read the CDC guidance, they don't suggest another test after testing positive, though I guess if I test positive, then take a test the next day and am negative, I may be permitted to return based on the assumption that it was a false positive. According to the CDC order, you either need a negative test, or a positive test plus a letter from a health care provider or public health care officer that I have met the criteria to end isolation - which is in essence 10 days from onset of symptoms, or 10 days from the positive test. So that raises the question will there be health care providers in SXM willing to attest to that , in English?

Any input would be appreciated. I really do want to go, but this part has me pretty worried.