Hello everyone!

We are getting slowly closer to our departure date - trying to not get too excited in fear that the universe will put a wrench in the plans (the COVID testing stress is not helping, but I digress...)

I attempted to search the forums for an answer, but my search resulted in over 400 hits. The ones I quickly scanned did hint at my answer, but were either not timely or not very specific.

If you have recently been to Orient Village, Marigot, Grand Case or Cul de Sac and dined out; this question is for you, please.

In prior years, the majority of restaurants would accept US Dollars for Euros (cash) at a one-to-one exchange when paying with cash (US Dollars.) Depending on the exchange rate, this is an approximate 20% discount when paying with cash (in US Dollars.) Is this practice still being observed? If yes, is it in the majority of restaurants or a select few?

While I typically use my credit card when travelling (no fee, foreign currency transactions,) I would gladly bring along more cash to use for dinning out in order to enjoy the built in discount for cash.

As always, your insights and responses are appreciated.

Warmly,
S&M
(yep, our initials.)