Today we went to Orient Beach. As always, we stayed at Orange Fever - I don't know if it was a specials, but the chairs and umbrellas were free if you stayed for lunch, which we did. There is a lot of new here since last year - last year, when we were here, Orange Fever had just opened, but had no power, now power is back on , and so we started with BBC s. I walked up and down the beach and took lots of photos. Starting from the right side, near the rocks, there is a small Le String Beach , then Chez Leandra, then a new building, roof trusses and posts, but no roof or walls yet, then Sunclubber, then Orange Fever. Our waiter said that Orange Fever had been doing pretty well this season, though had been quiet this week due to the winds. It was pretty windy, probably 50 people the whole length of the beach, and only 1 or 2 in the water at a time. There was some sargassam along the shore , but not very much , and a little in the water, though it looked like you could avoid most of it.

I saw signs for the Orient Beach Hotel, which said it was opening Dec 15, they looked nice from the outside.

I made my way all the way up to Mount Vernon, definitely construction ongoing - there was scaffolding on some buildings, and noise from workman, though the pool looked forlorn.

Lunch was pizza for me, and the grilled pineapple salad with chicken and goat cheese for my wife. We especially like the server there, who we also see at La Villa, because my wife asked whether she should get the goat cheese salad or the grilled pineapple salad with chicken, and he said she could have the pineapple salad with chicken and would have goat cheese added it for her. The grilled pineapple was delicious. Likewise, they made my pizza different from the menu. In addition, dollars to euro were 1 to 1.

I didn't measure, but the chairs looked like much more than 6 feet apart.

Dinner was back in Grand Case - Oceans82 - we arrived early to get a table by the water to watch the sunset, but clouds got in the way. Dinner was fine, but dessert was over the top. It was a lemon curd, with a shortbread crust, and a custard filling. I often think it is silly to post photos of food, but in this case, you can see the texture of the dessert looked just like a lemon. As you dug into it, right below the yellow layer was a thin white layer, like the pith of a lemon, then the custard inside. It was really a work of art. The waiter said their pastry chef is out of this world, and I would agree.

Attached Files string.jpgchez.jpgconstruction.jpgorange.jpghotel.jpgmt vernon.jpgpool.jpg