Thanks for sharing this with the community, J.D. These are confusing times, but hopefully with vaccinations on the rise many countries around the world (including St. Maarten) will begin to simplify things and by late summer international travel will be much easier and more reliable for all of us. My hope is that 'international COVID Vaccination passports' will evolve and eliminate the need for COVID testing and quarantines. After all, isn't this what a highly effective vaccine is suppose to do? Eventually, every country that uses tourism as a staple of their economy will come around and I believe things will get better. The countries that come around first will likely benefit from increased tourism faster than those that continue to impose or hesitate to lift existing restrictions. My wife and I love SXM more than any other destination domestically or internationally, but we will wait until the situation improves to the point where hassle-free travel to St. Maarten returns. Presently planning for a return to SXM this November, but we'll monitor this carefully and if traveling to an alternate destination is easier, then so be it.

On a brighter note, at least we were there together on St. Maarten back in March, 2020 at Mullet Bay Beach and got a chance to meet each other! I still have a lot of great memories from that trip (mostly ones involving food & drink)!