I have read many trip reports over the years, so I thought I would give it a go. This is my first.

The biggest hurtle that we encountered was the COVID Test prior to leaving. I scheduled the Antigen Test the Thursday before our Saturday morning flight. We arrive at CVS for the Antigen Test and they told us we were scheduled for the PCR Test. Beware, with CVS, if you schedule a COVID Test for travel, and their Antigen Test schedule is full, they will automatically switch you to have the PCR Test. No where on CVS's website do they tell you this. They also charge you $139.00 for travel testing which we were prepared to pay, but we should have been told which test we were to receive. It was too late for the PCR Test at this point. After explaining our situation to a kind nurse at the minute clinic, she got us appointments for the Antigen Test on Friday morning. On Friday after we tested negative, I submitted the results along with the health form into the EHAS for approval. I submitted my information first, then my husband and sister-in-law. Within an hour, my husband was approved, then my sister-in-law. I waited another 2 hours without approval. I finally called down to Sint Maarten at EHAS and talked to a kind man, and within an hour I was approved. We printed out our negative COVID Test results and the EHAS approval. This was valuable information I learned from TTOL. It made our process at the airport in Pittsburgh, Ft. Lauderdale and in Sint Maarten quick and painless. We flew on Spirit Airlines. One flight into Sint Maarten on Saturdays and one flight that afternoon back to Ft. Lauderdale. The cost seemed great, but I don't think we would fly again on an international flight with Spirit. You get what you pay for and if you have an issue, once you are out of the country, good luck. The phone number listed on their website was not in service. They gave you a text number, and I could have gotten more information from my 7 year old Granddaughter.

Once outside of the airport Leslie Bruce was waiting for us with our car rental from Kenny's Car Rental. Leslie is great and within 10 minutes we were on our way to our villa. We do try to stay in different resorts, villas, or apartments on each visit. This year we decided to stay on Simpson Bay at Coco's Beach Club right beside Mary's Boon. We loved it. I am very hesitant to mention these Villas because I loved it so much. We did use ShopNDrop and it was great to have what we needed for our arrival. We also had items supplied by IRE, the rental agent. We were right on the beach and close to everything. Loved going to Mary's Boon right next door for drinks and lunch.

We also went to Mullet and Orient Beach. We limited our travel due to my husband's foot surgery in January. So we took it easy. Mullet was beautiful. We went to Leon's for lunch. Drinks were great and his restaurant is very nice, but his ribs and chicken are not as good as Rosie's. On Friday we went to Orient. It was a perfect Orient day. Very little seaweed and calm waters. The wind was perfect, just a slight breeze to keep you comfortable. We went to Kontiki because Orange Fever wanted to give us the cheap seats. Tony at Kontiki was very attentive, the drinks great as was the food.

I don't have food pictures. We went to Simpson Bay Yacht Club twice for dinner and it was good. Once at Toppers, which was fair. We ate large lunches, so we ate in a lot which we loved. Very relaxing and can't get a better view. Normally we eat out most nights, but this isn't a normal year.

I scheduled our Antigen Tests for our return trip at Medwork in Simpson Bay. We were there for about 15 minutes and had our results in less than 2 hours. Seamless.

I will mention that they are desperate for visitors. Everyone we encountered were polite and welcoming. They take hand sanitizing and wearing masks serious. But they do need tourists. Only 39 people on our flight from Ft Lauderdale to Sint Maarten. About the same going back. We felt very safe everywhere we went, but we also have been vaccinated. If you can go, try to go. They needs us!!

I feel if you have any concerns about travel it might be during customs in the US. That is still a mad house. If you have global entry, good for you. That is the way to go.

I will provide pictures once I figure that out:)