And just like that, our vacation has ended, but the memories of the last three weeks will be forever in our hearts. Checked out of LaPlage, around 11:30, so with nowhere in mind, just headed down to figure out what we would do for lunch. I really didn't want to spend a couple of more extra hours at the airport, especially having to keep masked longer than i really had to. Since the luggage was in the car, wanted to go somewhere where we can keep an eye on it. Driving through Simpson Bay, we decided to stop in at Captain's Rib Shack. We have been there last year or the year before, and the ribs were good as we remembered. So, we both ordered a rib dish, and the ribs were also fantatic, cooked with a dry rub, and so much meat on the bones!! Was a nice way to end our St. Maarten trip, with local food.

Then, to return the car, get dropped off in front of the airport, and then the hike started. Checkin with AA was a breeze, very small line, that lasted less than five minutes. Checked passport, showed negative Covid, and was clered to go. Then, another room with mazes for lines, which led to immigration check, the passport stamped, and then off to more lines at Security. Another mob scene. Social Distancing signs all over the place, along with sanitizing stations for the hands, but NO distancing with the people in the maze lines getting from one point to the next. Probably took well over an hour and half to finally get to the gates....Our flight was finally called, but was baffled that I didnt see the plane. Sure enough, it was about SEVEN planes away from the gate, and was told we would have to walk to the plane, since the Bus was out of service. With my bad back, i did request assistance, and was taken to the plane.

Landed in Miami, breeze getting through customs, they really have stepped up their game at MIA, customs lines shorter than normal, MANY more windows open, and no immigration form needed to be filled out. Then get luggage, called our hotel, where our car was parked, dropped off, and was on our way home. There was quite a few people at baggage claims, but all in all it moved very quickly.

So, the journey for now has ended. Hope you enjoyed reading all the posts. Was fun taking you all along, and am looking forward to read your reports as time progresses. The countdown has begun for us, Forty Eight weeks and six days before we do it again!!! The extra day will be the Friday before our timeshare begins, because we will NOT do the Saturday flights and go through the lines again. And, who knows, if the price is right we may make it even a day or two bofore that!! Never get enough of SXM. Bye for now.

No more to least this trip anyways smile Night.