That's a new one to me....I don't understand how you can received/send texts over a cell network without having the cell network active....and pay the ten bucks....shutting off just cell data should not allow texts to be received or sent....

Educate me....difference between AP mode and "shutting off cell data".????...a nd....receiving cell calls? With no active Travel Pass?? What would be the point of travel pass if you could do everything without it?

After turning off mobile data, you’ll still be able to make and receive phone calls and get text messages. But you won’t be able to access the internet until you reconnect to a Wi-Fi network. Most people have Wi-Fi at home, at work and at random food-and-beverage establishments such as Starbucks.

By turning off mobile data, you end up with a dumb or minimalist phone while out and about, but a fully internet-connected smartphone while at home, at work and in coffee shops and restaurants that provide Wi-Fi. (And, of course, if at any time you truly need mobile data, you can just turn it on, use it, then turn it back off. It’s an option that’s always there when you need it.)

Last edited by boucharda; 04/17/2021 04:13 PM.