....whether I want to or not!

Ttomorrow we have to leave. I don’t really want to but it’s time and besides that, we’re turning into lumps just being here.

I have some packing to do but the other ‘going home chores’ of which there are a few more these days are done. Yesterday, Vicki here at BSV was kind enough to print out our US Covid reentry declarations so that’s done and bright and early this morning we went to MedWorks for our antigen tests and we’re waiting for the results to be emailed any minute so we can go back and pick them up. It was quick and easy and the hardest part was finding the lab, forgetting the ground floor isn’t always called the first floor. We stopped at Zee Best for breakfast crepes - no pastries for either of us - and now we wait for our results.

WOOPSE! I spoke to soon.....

When we got back to BSV the power was out - no Internet etc. so after two hours had passed, DH returned to MedWorks thinking our approvals had to be ready. Lights out, doors locked and no one around to ask as to what was going on. We learned they were closed for lunch so back he went. The ladies remembered us from the morning but low and behold - they searched their file and had no results for us. Nothing! Nada! Zilch! She called the actual lab and for some reason, they had just neglected to send them. In a matter of minutes they forwarded the approvals and the collection center admin put them in DH’s hands with apologies for the confusion. Will we ever have an easy time with these approvals? I’m starting to think NOT.

The rest of the afternoon we packed and did whatever and we returned to the Spaghetti House for our ‘last supper’ here on the island. Usually that last meal is a special deal for us but this trip, for one reason or another, I think every dinner was special thanks to the good friends and new friends we shared them with.

And tomorrow? Home! I’m ready but barely.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."