We had never gone with the rental option prior to that 2020 booking. We had found a nice place in the Village above the shops on the main street. Directly across from all the restaurants, nice view of the ocean from balcony and pool access. Reached out to the owner and booked directly with him with a 30% deposit at booking, Final payment 30 days prior to arrival. Scheduled to arrive on March 23, US flights stopped on March 20. Contacted the owner, his response was he would be enforcing his no refund policy. Never allowed us reschedule and didn't responded to any follow up emails. He shut down his website and Facebook page. PayPal and credit card company said there was nothing they could do to help us. One of his rentals, Le Beach Loft, showed up on one of the island rental sites about two months ago. I contacted that site and I was told the previous owner had sold that apartment to a Canadian couple a few months back. I obviously have no one to blame but myself for trusting this rental process, but will definitely not go that route again. We will always stay in Orient Bay area, but will at least make sure my credit card protects me fine if I end up dealing with someone like that again.