Rbailey,

Well, since you insist...........you do insist, right?

We stumbled upon Mark's one day when taking a ride and thought it would be a fun place to bring the girls for dinner so we signed up for a reservation on the reservation carte and showed up that night for dinner. This was either 1983 or 1985, the first years we finally brought our daughters to the island.

The girls and I had no trouble choosing our entree but DH was having a hard time. Rather than choose just one item, he opted for their appetizer plate which included a couple of things that sounded good but also included 'blood sausage' which I knew he wouldn't enjoy. Being the devoted wife that I am, I reminded him how he didn't like any type of sausage but he was adamant - this was what he wanted and what he ordered.

Our meals arrived and DH took one look at his plate and turned a very interesting shade of green before telling me - big surprise - "Honey, I don't think I can eat the blood sausage." I was tempted to tell him 'told you so' but I was nice. Our dinners were all great, btw.

He kept hurrying me to eat my baked potato because he wanted the foil it was cooked in. When I finally gave him the foil he wrapped his sausage in it and when no one was looking he discretely threw it out the window. What he didn't count on was it hitting a sleeping cow in the bushes directly below the window who was not at all happy at having his nap disturbed. The cow jumped up and started thrashing around in the grass and bellowing his displeasure at being disturbed. Every eye of every diner in the restaurant turned out way. So much for discretion.......... yikes yikes

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."