Okay at a glance if I understand ( and I skimmed thru but will look close) to get in the bvi besides the testing and vaccine passports, insurance..the testing to satisfy the bvi needs be done within 5 days of travel. We are going thru San Juan and they require a test within 72 hrs. We have checked bags so will have to collect from southwest and check w cape air.

Having been stuck in San Juan more than once, I’m curious what others have done recently.

1) Have those going thru San Juan been waiting until 72 hrs out to get your pcr test sample taken? Or has doing so earlier like 4 days ahead or 5 allowed you to go thru San Juan?

2) Is there a lab that is very dependable available in most towns like Labcorps or Quest or testing thru CVS or Walgreens that assures you of having the results back prior to departure if not taken until 72 hrs out?

We are leaving on 6/13 a Sunday at 6 am and fly to dis about 730 pm and until reading about 72 hrs was thinking we could get the swab done a day sooner.

I’d be curious to know if anyone has been prevented from traveling on to the bvi if you missed a connection and stuck at airport overnight? Anyone not get their testing back in time to start this journey?

I was never a nervous flyer before..as long as I see a bit of gray hair in the cockpit.:)

Last edited by Will_L; 05/30/2021 03:17 PM.