snuba,

So sorry you had that experience, and not once but three times. LMF is one place we enjoy every trip at least once and have ever since they first opened there. You’re a better patron than I because, while I believe any restaurant can have a bad night and deserves a second chance, a third is beyond my level of patience.Thankfully we haven’t ever had that experience and will keep it near the top of our must-do list.

erb,

With regard to Mario’s at the Cliff, we were there in April and while it was nice, IMHO, it just didn’t measure up to other evenings we’ve spent at his different locations over the years. At first I thought it was just me but in chatting with the group we were with after the fact, it seems we were all somewhat disappointed. The food was good but not at the level we’d come to expect there and while the service was adequate, again, it just wasn’t at the level of past visits. The setting is nice but again, not incredible. The one thing that remained consistent was the pricing.

And on another note, since the OP specified a place on the Dutch side, he might also try the Palapa Grill in Simpson Bay. We have eaten there several times and each trip has been a pleasure.

And to the OP, it is so difficult to rate the best of anything since all our experiences can be different on any given night. Wherever you ultimately end up, I hope it’s a perfect evening and happy anniversary wishes to you and your spouse and many more to follow.

Last edited by pat; 06/17/2021 08:16 AM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."