Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by tangerine3
Confusing though in Part II 4(b) it says fully vaccinated HAVE to take a rapid or PCR test 3-5 days in advance of travel, but then in Part II 5.2 (b) it says fully vaccinated have to show negative test result OR vacc card??

If fully vaccinated why mandatory test? Only reason don't like this part is after making hotel reservations, airline reservations and have a false positive test result is nerve racking. They say it can happen.

Health requirement blurb is in Part II 4(d)

Honestly, I think the "or" in Part II 5.2(b) is a typo. The attached documents are much more readable and summarized better. It's pretty clear that both the test within 5 days and the proof of vaccination are required.

The reason for additional testing is the vaccine does not prevent you from still contracting or spreading the virus. It greatly reduces the risk of both and decreases the chances of severe symptoms. There was an article released yesterday from St. Thomas that they have 13 confirmed positive cases in fully vaccinated residents. 5 are symptomatic and 8 aren't but they were retested and the positive result was confirmed. Also, the ship that was planned to arrive in the BVI Tuesday had 2 positive cases last week. Both were retested and are in fact true positive tests.

It should be noted that there are at least 2 differences between the 15 page Gazette I posted and the 2 page "graphic summary" I posted. Not sure which is right but the Gazette is the legal record so I'd tend to trust that.

1. Children traveling with vaccinated parents/guardians are required to test again on Day 4 according to the 2 page summary. According to the Gazette, they are released as soon as they get their Day 0 results with no mention of a retest

2. Vaccinated travelers in mixed groups are not subject to quarantine or testing according to the 2 page summary. According to the Gazette, they are treated as partially or unvaccinated guests based on their group.

Last edited by JasonHelmbrecht; 06/17/2021 03:32 PM.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com