Steve has been a very close friend of mine since about 1981 when he was playing with The Blues Brothers.He has stayed at our home here on Littlle Apple Bay a couple of times and played at outstanding set with The Elmtones at The Elm. They did every Cropper hit from Dock of the Bay to Midhnight Hour to Knock on Wood. Anyone who was there that night had a rare treat from one of the best Rock N Roll Hall of Fame guitarists of all time. Steve, George and boys still talk about it. We have been lucky enough to stay with Steve and his wife Angel in Nashville too and seen him play some memorable music there..including one of the last of Booker T and MG';s with Duck Dunn and Eddie Floyd ( Knock on Wood) on vocalls and the Memphis Horns. What a night that was!! Jeff Carlin was a longtime moderator here and he heard Steve and I were pals and he was a die hard Crop fan. I got tickets for him and his wife Chrissie to Crop's concert in Nashville at the Ryman Auditorium ( the old Grand Ole Oprey) and he got to visit for a long time with Crop at the after party. Jeff is gone now but I know that was very special to him. I hope you get to meet or hear Crop one day soon..he is a terrific talent and a wonderful friend..
You can contact stve at playitsteve.com ( The shout out to him from the original "Soulman" and recreated by Belushi in their version). Tell Steve you "know" me..

Last edited by Manpot; 06/20/2021 02:15 PM.