Trip report Last 3 days June 25-27
Well, after wonderful 10 days on the island we are home now. Trip back was very uneventful and smooth. We flew United non- stop to EWR which left properly on time and arrived to Newark 30 min early. Got to airport 2 hours early, United counter was uncrowned as opposed to American, so we we at the gate in about 20 minuets. Airport was not really crowded, probably because it was Monday.
The last three day weren’t much different from days before. Sleep, eat, drink, swim. Did not go in the ocean as the whole time we were there it was very rough with good size waves and last two days a lot of grass washed up on the beach.
One night cooked steaks in the unit and last two went out. Palms one night, DH had their famous lasagna and enjoyed it, I had their garlic shrimp which was good also and slice of their carrot cake to go.
Last nights dinner was at Skip Jacks, I was glad I made reservations as the place was totally packed with all tables occupied. Seemed like most people had their lobsters, they had plenty of them in the lobster pen. We didn’t have one as we weren’t that hungry, scallops and shrimp dishes. The service and food were very good, glad the place is back, one of our favorites.
So that concludes our 10 days trip, pack and go home the next day.
This was one of more rainy trips, rained every day but for short time. Island is pretty green and a lot of flowers.
Did not go to P-burg this trip, but drove around and island looks pretty busy, Sunday night Simpson Bay was hoping with locals and tourists, there was no parking anywhere, all restaurants were packed. So I think may be we are on the road to recovery now.
As far as Covid goes I think the requirements are loosening up there too, the only place we seeing masks being used in the grocery stores. Some servers in restaurants had them under their chins but not many had them on. Hardly any guests walked in wearing one. Didn’t bother us any, it’s about time to throw them all away IMHO.
Start counting days till our next trip in November, 3 weeks next time.

Life is short, travel the World.