Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
The change is that you will now be tested on arrival and will need to quarantine until those results come back. Not a big deal to spend a night or two at a quarantine anchorage. Your return to the USVI is however going to be a problem. There is no way to get tested for the return to the USVI in 48 hours prior to travel. Most testing in the BVI is done at 7:30 to 8 AM which means your earliest testing opportunity is the day prior to travel and that’s not going to work. I would rebook your return to fly through SJU.

There is no quarantine for vaccinated arrivals. Well, technically there is a 15 minute quarantine at the port of arrival while you wait for your rapid test results but after that no need to take your boat to a quarantine anchorage if you're vaccinated. There was a small glitch this week because the rapid tests weren't ready on 12 July as promised and some people were told the needed to quarantine. The Tourist Board sent an email on Tuesday clarifying that even though they were using a PCR test and would not have results quickly, the vaccinated guests were " free to explore the destination immediately upon completion of the RT-PCR arrival/Day 0) test without the need for quarantine".

I don't have a link to post but if anyone needs the email for reference I'm happy to forward. Send me a private message and I will share.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com