Hi Matt,

As much time as I've spent sailing in the Exumas, I've never been north of Leaf Cay (so, not even as far as Highbourne). That said, there are many, many places you can hide out south of there. The Big Major/Staniel Cay area is always going to be busy, so skip that unless you need to see the damn pigs. But in November, even Exuma Park will be relatively quiet (I like the Emerald Rock mooring field, as well as Cambridge Cay; Shroud and Hawksbill are very cool as well). South of Staniel, Bitter Guana Cay is amazing, inhabited only by iguanas -- but close to the Black Point settlement on Great Guana Cay if you need groceries or a meal out. Also check out Little Farmer's Cay for a lightly traveled (but inhabited) cay. Further south, Lee Stocking Island (not to be confused with Stocking Island, which is across from Georgetown) is beautiful, but it may be further than you want to go.

And, if you haven't yet done so, check out the Pipe Cay/Pipe Creek area. You're within sight of popular Compass Cay (and that gorgeous Crescent Beach), but away from the hubbub.

I've got a Caribbean Soul I can barely control... (JB)