I can't find the thread last from last week where we were discussing BVI entry testing so I'm going to post a summary of my very positive experience over the last 7 days.

I travelled on Saturday, 9/25 from OH to San Juan on Delta then connected to a non-code share flight to to Beef Island.

- Since my travel day was Saturday (Day 0), Day 5 for me was Monday, 9/20. I took an online proctored home test from eMed.com in OH at 4:30pm. The test was easy and had results in less than 20 minutes from starting the video call.

- Started the BVI Gateway process at 4:45 and it took me 10 minutes to completely fill out as a vaccinated resident. Need to upload 4 items; Work permit card, front of vaccination card, back of vaccination card, and negative test result from eMed.com

- On Tuesday at 12:37pm, I received my travel authorization from the BVI. Less than a 20 hour turn around with no need for outside help!

- On Friday, I went to Fedex Office and printed, Cape Air Itinerary, BVI Gateway approval, and Test results.

- Saturday after arriving in PR, I exited the terminal grabbed my checked bag, and proceeded to the first National Guard line I saw. I told them I was connecting to another flight and they directed me to another National Guard line near the elevator. If you're doing this, the elevator is past the baggage claim 1 area. I showed the guard my connecting flight confirmation on Cape Air and they let me skip the line to exit the airport and go right up the elevator.

- Proceed to Cape Air desk, present passport and BVI Gateway authorization (1st check). Only paid to check the bigger bag and carried laptop bag and carry-on sized roller bag back to security and the Cape Air flight. Cape Air treated my roll aboard bag as a carry-on with no charge. The agent did let me know I could go directly to the gate from my Delta flight if I didn't need to pickup anything in baggage. Next time I will just ship the stuff I bought in the US.

- Back thru security. Only need normal ID and boarding pass

- Stop at the wine bar for lunch and filled out the BVI HSA testing portal so I'm ready when I land. I used airport.bvi.care since I was flying but there are others based on your arrival port. This is a step not talked about very often but helpful to do in advance. The end result is a QR Code that is used when you arrive

These are the steps to get ready and fly to the BVI. Will post the airport arrival steps in the 1st comment.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com