Now that Canada is opened up a little more, we took a 9 day trip to visit our daughter and granddaughter for the first time in 2 years. We had to download and fill out the ArriveCan app (one for the two of us) with our vaccination information to bypass the two week quarantine requirement for non-vaccinated people. We also had to get a covid test at CVS 72 hours before the scheduled departure. The app took some time to complete and scan in the vaccine records. I took hard copies of the ArriveCan app and covid tests in case I had issues with my phone at the airport in Montreal. That helped when I had issues with the phone. But entry was easy with the right paperwork. We were not randomly selected for an arrival covid test, so we were on our quickly.

We had to show our covid vaccine cards to use restaurants and other indoor events. Not a big deal, but make sure you have the card. Everyone wore masks inside buildings, except while eating or drinking.

Three days before leaving I went on the web and signed up and paid for for a rapid covid test the day before the flight. I got a discount on the price for the test because we were flying Air Canada. The US accepts the rapid test, Canada does not. We went to a drive through site, waiting for 15 minutes after the test to get the negative results verbally, and the results were emailed to me an hour later to use at the airport I do not know what would happen if one of us failed the test.

Beach Hunter