Arrived on Friday, 11/12, on Delta, flying from Minneapolis via Atlanta. Our 5 a.m. departure was delayed a bit because of de-icing from snow flurries so it was great to be leaving the cold. No problems getting EHAS approval for the 6 of us and review of all our printed docs on arrival were quick.

Spending 8 days at Divi on our 20+ trip to the island. First trip back since early in 2020. Divi looks great, but a few of the former staff appear to have left so missing familiar, friendly faces. Terrible WiFi connections in our unit during the high usage times, worse than we remember from prior years, perhaps because of our location. Luckily we don't have an urgent need to be online. Entertainment outside our patio from 2 roosters, their hens and several chicks.

Divi Beach was very busy over the week end, including local families enjoying the beach, which was nice to see, but quieter on Monday. Spent Tuesday at Mullet. Beach was full and Da Waterhole had lots of customers. I miss Daleo’s where staff was friendlier.

The first days have been quite windy, at least compared to our normal visiting time in the Jan.-March window. Not sure if it’s just a windy spell or normal for Nov. Luckily I brought a hat with a strap!

Dinners so far have been Mark's takeout, Izi, and Chesterfields, all old favorites for us. Able to eat outside at the last two and we've reserved early dining times because of our granddaughter, so feel safe being at a distance from others. Nice to see masks in wide use at stores and by restaurant staff.

Visited the Marigot market today to restock my husband's supply of SweetSpot t-shirts and give a few other vendors some business. Then stopped in Mount Vernon at the “One Life One Love” shop to replace my daughter's favorite plush lined sweatshirt that's perfect for living in Minnesota and some tank tops.

Since we're traveling with an 20 month old, it's going to be a pretty low key, relaxed trip with breaks for naps for her (and the grandparents)!