Originally Posted by bizzottom
Colour1

i find ur comment a bit tacky, yes ur rite about the parking, but the retailers are the ones who suffer by ur comments.....i don't see a major hindrance of walking in and out of parked cars, but it's not a big deal, and i am 72.....JMHO

Bizzotom,

I don’t mean to be a cranky old lady but I will respectfully disagree with you. Up until April I would never have given this problem a thought but things do change.
I am 75 (almost….😊) and currently require a cane to get around. Walking Front Street in November was extremely difficult for many reasons and walking in and out of all the illegally parked cars on the street was the biggest for me. The areas where a storefront opened directly on the street were problematic as were the disappearing sidewalks. And then, the ever sinking paving blocks on the road itself only served to exacerbate the problem. My DH dropped me off in the area of Old Street and parked the car and hoofed it back. I will note, that area has some of the wider sidewalks along with benches for those who need to take a short break.

With regard to the Boardwalk on the water side, it was NEVER intended to be a road and the merchants who subsequently opened businesses there should have known this and probably did but choose to ignore it. We used to go to town for dinner at a favorite restaurant prior to its closing and on several evenings we got to enjoy the lovely sounds of mopeds aka suicycles racing up and down the Boardwalk. Inappropriate dinner music to my ears. Not to mention vehicles driving with their lights out there as well.

My only hope is they put the restrictions and signs in place and then - ENFORCE THEM STRICTLY.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."