I am going to try and post a few times during our two weeks here rather than waiting until we get back. Much more likely to get done that way!

EHAS - after a somewhat tense start, all went tickety-boo afterwards. There were several folks at the airport walking up and down the arrival line reviewing and stamping your approval paperwork (print it out!) so there was no delay there. The line looked long but moved rapidly. Through Customs & Immigration in no time but had to wait a bit for our luggage.

Flights- we flew from PHX with an O/N in ATL at the Marriott AC. Delta Comfort is well worth the few extra $$ over the main cabin. AC is a nice hotel, the sky train to Gateway station makes it very convenient. Directions could be a bit better, but I just popped into the Marriott and they pointed me in the right direction.

A large cheer competition was going on at the convention center/arena in the Gateway area so the lobby was filled with excited girls of all ages from tiny to young adult greeting each other. And their moms who were also pretty excited. It made for a fun evening people watching from the bar/bistro that is located in the lobby.

Next morning flight to SXM was delayed a bit but the tailwind made up for it and we landed less than 5 minutes late. Delta was great on both legs. Very personable flight crew.

SBR - check in was smooth with friendly staff. We have been coming to the island for 25 years, but have never stayed at this property. During the process we were moved to unit 416 Beaumontia bldg so great view! Kept this resort and let LaVista Beach go because II would give us a replacement week for cancelling that reservation but nothing if we cancelled this one.

Restaurants - Sat night at Juliette’s Bistro. Good live music (soft) and the special was cheese fondue with a bottle of wine for $20. Used this as our appetizer so needless to say we didn’t finish it. Huge portion! I had mussels and my husband had octopus. Perfectly cooked. Our waitress Marinika was a gem. Attentive but not in the way and such a wonderful bubbly attitude. No service charge. $75 including tip.

Sunday - Karakter during the day. Parking situation much more organized. Good tunes. Chicken Caesar salads for lunch.

- Headed for The Palapa Grill for supper to find out it was closed. Next stopped in at The Palms, but no room due to a very large group. Since it was raining off and on, dining outside was not an option. On to Vespa Taverna which is also closed on Sundays. Ended up at SkipJack’s. Had another great waitress and the meal did not disappoint. I had the seared ahi salad and Maurice had blackened grouper. This was preceded by tuna carpaccio. 15% service charge disclosed and added. 2 drinks, bottle of wine, bottle of sparkling water, app and two meals $115 all in.

Weather - the Christmas winds have certainly arrived. Showers, often intense but not always, frequent but short lived. When I encountered one on my morning walk I was literally dancing in the rain! You need some background here - we farm and this was a drought year. Then we spend the winter in AZ. I was SO happy to see rain! And to feel it on my skin, such a nice change from the cold,dreary PNW rain I grew up with......

So far so good. Another day in paradise awaits.

LeAnn

url=https://www.tickerfactory.com][Linked Image][/url]