We went to St. Maarten at the end of November for two weeks. We flew from Toronto Pearson on Sunwing on a Thursday with no issues or big lineups. Landing at Princess Juliana was another matter. I echo the poster's comments above. Arrival was horrible and we were the ONLY plane to arrive at that time. We were packed onto a bus to be taken to the terminal (can you even call it that right now???) and the bus driver wouldn't leave until he was sure we were all packed like sardines. Then we waited in a huge line with our fellow passengers that took forever to get through. Our EHAS docs were checked and then we went through customs. I would say we were there over an hour. Just over 180 people coming off a little Boeing 737. I feel so sorry for the passengers arriving on a jumbo jet on Saturday or Sunday. Can you imagine what they go through?

Even though we were leaving again on a Thursday, we gave it three hours to check in at the airport. We had to clear at least four separate lines and checks to get into the waiting area. And no one was social distancing. When we got back to Pearson there was no one in the Terminal 3 arrivals area. Never seen that before. We whizzed through Customs and then waited over 45 minutes to get our luggage. No one else in the arrivals area - what happened to the baggage handlers?

We got back home just before Omicron hit so not sure what it's like now but Dr. Phil SXM has been a big help to all of us Canadians (thank you so much) we really appreciate your posts!

After all the hassles and headaches - would we do it again? Yes, we're booked for another two weeks in February because we've been coming to the island for years and love it even with all its flaws. We're vaccinated + boostered so we remain cautiously optimistic that we'll be able to go again. Fingers crossed.