We arrived home last night after a fantastic week sailing in the BVI. We used eMed.com proctored Abbott Binax tests for both arriving to the USVI/BVI by air then ferry and departing from the BVI/USVI by ferry then air. I learned about the eMed tests on this forum thanks to Jason and others who have provided such great and helpful information. We are a family of six so we placed three separate orders (18 total tests) since we needed 12 and were worried that there might be one or two that were inconclusive or defective. We didn't have any defective tests so we still have six leftover, but it gave us peace of mind knowing that we had a few spares just in case. My whole family thought that the testing process using the website was very impressive. We used laptops with built-in cameras because they provided a lot of stability of the camera during the test. For the tests on the way home we did them after lunch at our table at Pirate's Bight. They had great wifi and we had three laptops running concurrently. We were finished in about 45 minutes total (while seated in the shade with cocktails!) and then it took some additional time to convert the eMed PDF to non-password protected for upload to the USVI portal. The USVI portal turned around our acceptances within fifteen minutes and we had our green QR codes and were feeling encouraged about our ensuing travel day. I recommended the eMed.com proctored Abbott Binax rapid antigen tests to any travelers who are entering or exiting the USVI/BVI. The process couldn't have been easier.

As a comparison, yesterday we spoke with a couple getting off the same ferry in line for immigration at St. Thomas who told us they tested in Spanish Town the day before for $50/ea and waited three hours at the testing center to get tested and results. They said that the cumulative time of getting to and from the testing center plus the wait consumed the better part of their day. I felt badly for them knowing how the eMed testing process had saved us time, money, and hassle. Thanks eMed and all of you!