caribbeangirl13, I know your original question is two years old now, but I have some experience I can share that may be helpful (if it's not moot by now).

I chartered from DYC Scrub Island in April 2019 and had a good experience with the company, as a charterer - I can't comment on the ownership perspective. We had a very new Bali 4.5 for nine nights; I think we were the third party to take it out. There's been some comparison of catamarans in this thread. We liked the Bali for the purpose of cruising in the Virgin Islands, but I can't comment on its suitability for other purposes e.g. offshore passagemaking. We liked the open space concept, the forward seating area and large opening window from the salon to it, the full-size refrigerator, etc. It sailed well enough for me at the time but I never could get the helm perfectly balanced; there was always some rudder angle.

Then in November 2021 I crewed the delivery of an FP Saona 47 from Jamestown RI to the USVI for New England Sailing Center / Swain Sailing School and Yacht Charters. There was a DYC Astrea 42 at Jamestown in bad shape, and I heard some stories from NESC/Swain people about DYC opening a base on St. Thomas and another up in Jamestown, and that both were more or less disasters - not up to the standard of their BVI base at Scrub Island. Obviously that's second-hand hearsay, but maybe there is corroboration of it on this forum or others (e.g. USVI Cruisers and Boaters Facebook group). The Saona 47 was up to the task of a 12-day, 1800-mile passage with some weather and seas. But personally I'm not crazy about the off-center helm station.

I just got back from ten nights on a Lagoon 46 from CYOA. The CYOA people were good to work with and their base is in a great location from a logistical perspective. They have a variety of cats in their fleet from FP, Lagoon, and Nautitech.

Since we're in the same state, if we're ever up Vail way, or you're ever down Denver way, it would be great to get together for a coffee or beer or lunch and compare notes. I sure would like to hear your perspective on owning a boat in charter.