We cancelled for our trip to SXM that was suppose to start tomorrow. I’m pretty much heart broken, but between testing positive down in St Maarten and having to stay possibly another 10 days, or then possibly having to PCR test back on our arrival into Toronto and having to quarantine until we get the results ( which are taking up to 5-6 days), I just can’t do it. It wouldn’t be so bad if I was retired, but I still unfortunately have to work for a living and I’m self employed. 😢

I know someone who PCR tested negative in Mexico and came back into Toronto and her family were randomly chosen to get PCR tested. They got their results 6 days later and both of her kids were positive. She can’t get a PCR a test here in Canada because she doesn’t qualify under the new restrictions of either being patient facing (even though she is a physiotherapist) or being indigenous. Her 1 week trip has now turned into 3 weeks off work since she goes into senior homes to do rehab work ( which means she’s patient facing, so it makes no sense whatsoever). The rules here in Canada have made things extremely difficult to travel. Travel is suppose to be fun and this isn’t fun anymore when I’m losing sleep over it.