So interesting, I just now logged in to post a reply to the “CYOA is Great” thread and saw this one first. So I’ll consolidate my thoughts here.

First, my family and I just returned from our most recent charter with CYOA. 3 days in the SVI and 5 nights in the USVI. I first chartered with CYOA win 1986 with my dad (I was 16). Since then, I’ve been back to the USVI and BVI countless times, and on all but 2 occasions have sailed with CYOA. The other two just mentioned were reminders that we should have stuck with CYOA all the time.

As always, this recent charter was yet more confirmation of the absolute excellence of this company…starting with superiorly built, equipped and maintained boats and a terrific facility, but ending with a staff which is, from top to bottom, of of the highest possible caliber of people you’ll ever meet. I could not possibly exhaust the list of faces who have added great enjoyment to our trips. But to name a few: Sarah (the best booking agent and customer advocate you’ll ever meet), Jay (master at everything related to boats and sailing), Kyle (fabulous director and charter interface), Marsha (the first and most pleasant face you’ll meet on arrival), Justin (aka “Jay Jr.”), Nick (fabulously talented mariner), and Weeks, a familiar and tremendously helpful staff member for many years. No, Nancy, I didn’t forget you. Saving the best for last. I’ve known you forever, and appreciate your heart and friendship more year by year. Thanks to you all!

Here’s the great news. I’ve already been in touch with the President of Waypoints, Kirstie Palmer, as well as Sarah O’Leary and Jay Pennington (both aforementioned), and what I’m hearing with assured confidence is that Waypoints was largely attracted to CYOA BECAUSE of the reputation, operation and culture that had come to define that organization over many years (John Jacob, here’s your shout-out at last. Well done, friend!). As such, I am buoyed by a confident expectation that the fleet quality and personalized service we’ve come to expect and, even more importantly, the faces of people who have become the heart and soul of CYOA will remain front and center as this exciting transition takes place.

I, for one, am sad for the CYOA era to end, but exceedingly encouraged for a future that is bright for we charterers under the new banner of Waypoints.

Shifty