OK, I'll go. Here is a quick trip report of our attempt to get to SXM over the weekend of Jan 15.

Jan 15: Arrived PHL 9:15 for 11:30 direct flight to SXM.
Jan 15: 10am -announcement flight delayed until 2pm (readers will know this was ATC strike in SXM)
Jan 15: 11:30am - flight delayed until 7 am following day and then 10 am following day -pick your poison

Jan 16, 5am: Having returned home previous day we are excited to leave for SXM

PHL - SXM at 7 am. This was not to be. 7am flight was delayed, finally all shuffled onto an 8:30 departure.
8:30: No departure imminent. There is a problem with the plane. Due to freezing temps they had to drain all water off plain. Refilling water now and there is a valve stuck.

9:00m We have all been de-planed and they are asking us to go to the next terminal over for what is hopefully a ready to fly plane.
10:00: we start boarding the new plane
10:15: Boarding halts - apparently the flight crew has been working since 2am. They.can fly us to SXm but then can't do the turnaround. They are looking for solutions. Folks are starting to get angry.
11ish. A replacement pilot enters the scene. A round of cheers go up at our gate.
11:15 ish. We are boarding
11:30ish: New pilot comes on intercom, apologizes for many delays, says buckle in he's going to fly the plane like he stole it to get us there quickly.
11:45ish - pilot comes back on, states he can't make this up, there is another aircraft stalled out behind us keeping us from takeoff

So we eventually take off. and land beautifully on SXM. My DH and DD have their checked bags, and we got the chaos of SXM on a Saturday to get my checked bag. Which. Doesn't Arrive.

All that being said, we picked up our rental, headed up to orient village and had a cocktail at yellow sub - all will be well.

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 02/03/2022 10:06 AM.