Day 10 (The last HOORAH!)

Woke early to have time sitting out listening to the ocean sipping my coffee and eating yet another croissant buerre. That is hard to beat and not something I am looking forwards to leaving behind for 30F degree temps, deary skies and endless drizzle at home. But alas all good things must come to an end. Today we are off (back) to one of our new favorite places on Earth, Orient Beach. The seas look good on the Cupecoy side of the island so hoping it will be calm over there as well, fingers crossed. We text Geoffrey at Bikini to ask him to reserve us 3 chairs and 2 umbrellas as we plan to make a real long day of it. One last "long" journey in our trusty steed, a pre-dinged up and now filthy Toyota Corolla from Avis. Dh has never minded driving elsewhere. He sees it as a personal challenge and this trip has been no different. He is also great at parallel parking, a skill I am never meant to master. But the car has been a trusty little conveyance, petite enough for island driving and just big enough for our junk. And the weaving in and out of traffic scooter/motorcycle daredevils here have made it an adventure. My at the time favorite was the guy taking a selfie with his 10 buddies all while driving their scooters down the middle of Rhine during "rush hour" far too fast. Later, we had a "hold my beer" moment when we literally saw a guy pop a wheelie going up that big hill from Marigot to Grand Case and take a selfie. We set out at 10:20am and passing by the airport we took some pics of the Pats plane that rolled in the other day. We arrived at lovely Orient Village a little before 11am. Geoffrey and Neal both greeted us with fist bumps and big smiles. We settled into our chairs and Dd immediately ran into the ocean. We lounged, roasted, enjoyed Pina coladas and Caribs, and yummy snacks. Lots of folks here today, most of the chairs are full and the restaurant was busy. The beach adventure folks seem to also be doing a brisk business with kite surfers, parasailers, etc. We hung out until almost 5pm. We then took our last look around Orient Village while Cedric and the guys at Yellow Sub made us some yummy Chicken Supremes with mushroom sauce and absolutely divine mashed potatoes and Dd a steak hache and fries for take away dinner tonight. The car smelled so good on the way back to CBC. Sunset was lovely once again. I hate leaving this. Before eating our wonderful dinner we took Dd for a last dip in the pool. Walking back to the condo the frog alarms had started up their chorus. Once back and showered and fed, we popped our bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte from the Super U and toasted another wonderful adventure and enjoyed the last of the mornings chocolatey pastries for dessert. Sweet dreams.

Attached Files IMG_20220219_061733976_2.jpgIMG_20220219_102535603_HDR.jpgIMG_20220219_104321410_HDR.jpgIMG_20220219_164251472_HDR.jpgorient 2.jpgIMG_20220219_165310474.jpgIMG_20220219_165312631_HDR.jpgIMG_20220219_165325658_HDR.jpgIMG_20220220_102402892_HDR.jpgIMG_20220219_190133206.jpg

[Linked Image]