It has been a long time since we have been to St. Maarten. The last time we were there was right before the big hurricane that destroyed the island in 2017. We have missed going to the island, but as you all know this Covid crap put a damper in many peoples plans.

Well, we're ready to go back to St. Maarten, but I would like some advice. I have been reading things, but much is outdated and other things are just hard to understand. This forum has always been the best information source out there because of the great people on here. So, away we go.

We are planning on going in middle of January of 23 and staying until March 30 or so. Booking a long time in advance is a must as most of you know, if you want to find the best location and places to stay, so I'd like to book within the next month. Who knows what the process will be like when the time comes to fill out any paperwork that needs to be filled out, or if there even is any to be filled out when the time comes to get ready to go by next year. No one can predict the future, but what are your thoughts on this.

Since I will be 63 when going to SM, I probably will need to start looking at some health insurance for safety sake. What do many of you do for health insurance when on the island?

Renting a car is a must for us since we like to go to different beaches, but we have never rented a car for such a long period. Has anyone rented one for a 60 day or longer period. Do they give you a better rate for such an extended period of time. I will be doing some checking as time goes on, but I just wanted to touch base on this here to see if anyone has done this or not.

I'm sure I have left out many things that I need to ask, but I'll just ask those questions later when they happen to pop into my head.
Thanks so much for your time.